Saturday, October 05, 2013

A Little Catching Up

I haven't posted on here in a long time. I'm not exactly sure what compelled me to update it today.

I am currently in the middle of my third attempt at a running streak. The goal is to run at least one mile every day. Most days I run at least two. One just seems like it's not worth the effort of changing clothes. I'm currently at 86 days. Earlier in the year I had a streak of 181 and in the beginning of 2012 I had a streak going for 235 days. Each of those streaks were broken by trips out of the country; to Kenya and Haiti, for missionary work. Lets see how long this current one goes before I get the call to go somewhere in 2014.

As you can see from the blog header I've add a few more state to the tally towards my 50 state goal - currently at 26. The last one reported here was Missoula, MT in July 2011. It was # 22. Since then I've added these:
Cleveland Marathon (OH), May 20, 2012    4:38:05
Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon (GA), Nov 20, 2012    4:23:11
The Hawk 26.2 (KS), Sep 14, 2013    5:20:48
Monument Marathon (NE), Sep 28, 2013    4:27:00

With Cleveland I finally ran my home state. One of the highlights was running with my son who ran his first marathon. By with I mean we both ran the same race. He beat me by over 30 minutes. It was stressful for me worrying about his race all day.

In Chickamauga, I had the pleasure of running with Wes and Joe.

I took 10 months off before tackling #25 and #26 within a 3 week span last month.




























No comments: