Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back to Back

Back to back runs is something I haven't done in over 6 weeks. April 19 and 20 were the last two consecutive days of running until today. It's hard to believe. Between my cold, marathon taper, marathon recovery, and injury I haven't put together a decent week of training in a long time.

I ran 3 miles yesterday and then I ran 3 more today. Both runs were over on the dirt in Via Verde. In keeping with the nice and easy theme I even left my watch at home. I had originally planned on running Tuesday and Thursday, but a bunch of us are going out after work Thurs. to celebrate a co-worker's graduation. Our Admin. Professional got her Bachelor's degree in Organizational Management at 53! She deserves a party.

The foot feels.....OK....not great, but OK. Its funny that the aches and pains seem to move around. Another blogger with foot problems mentioned the same thing (sorry I can't remember who; there are several of us ailing at the moment). Sometimes I don't notice anything and others the pain is in the arch, sometimes on the top, even on opposite sides at times. No running now till Saturday when I meet up with the Cruisers for a jaunt in and around Peters Canyon, down in OCTR country. Will I run into Jessica?

13 comments:

Legs and Wings said...

Darrell, I hope the foot thing clears up soon. You're probably anxious to put up some miles. Take care of yourself.

Runner Susan said...

A party indeed! Take care of that foot!

Jessica DeLine said...

I might be on Holy Jim Trail on Saturday. A bunch of others from OCTR are going to be at Black Star and many are taking the day off for Holcomb on Sunday. But have fun!

I think it was me that mentioned the foot pain moving around. It's kind of ended up in one spot finally and i know the feeling of "okay - but not great". Happy healing!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Heal Foot Heal... doesn't that sound funny Heel--foot, no not heel but Heal--lol

Ok u know what I mean :-)

Backofpack said...

Darrell, I have that travelling pain in my calf area. I've been told it's because the muscles are so close to the tendon that once one gets irritated, they all get irritated.

Neese said...

Hi Darrell, so sorry about your foot, and I appreciate your comment on my toe, thankfully I'm not in much pain at all... i know im fortunate, like you say lots of ailing out there. take care - oh, did you hear about the Cavs? :)

Beanie said...

yes, be careful with that thing. i've read about lots of feet injuries (among other types) tonight alone...

David said...

I may be wrong but sometimes I find that the niggling little injuries start to think they're boss after I baby them for awhile. They get better but still complain. Eventually I find that they just have to go away when I pick up the pace and get back into my serious training routine.

Joe said...

Good news, Darrell. Looks like you are managing this thing well.

Enjoy the friendship on Saturday!

Ryan said...

Great job on the double even with foot problems you still managed to run great! I like all the stats…crash of 2007. It’s just a little bump in the road I bet there will be big gains soon! I’ve had some foot issues lately, I freeze a bottle of water and roll it under my foot, this works great message’s and ices. Have a nice jaunt on Saturday!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your second half! Hope you get the mystery foot pain figured out. I'm sure you'll be ramping up the miles again in no time! : )

Anonymous said...

hope the foot feels better soon. how'd the sat run go?

Unknown said...

I would say that the foot feeling OK is better than it being in pain. Glad to hear of the back-to-back runs.