Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back Home

On Wednesday, my adventure wasn't quite complete. A Marketing Manager and I drove down to San Diego to visit two more doctors. It is a two hour drive each way from work. February was starting out in a frenzy already. I need to visit one more orthodontist in southern CA area to complete the evaluation. Hopefully I can get that one lined up next week.

I talked to Jesse that afternoon and finalized our rideshare plans for the first of the 5K races on Saturday. Ironically it is only about 2 miles from the orthodontists that I visited earlier that day. In a way it seems crazy to drive nearly 2 hours to run a 5K race that will be over in 25 minutes or less, but what the heck. My wife is spending the weekend scrapbooking at some hotel with a couple of her girlfriends so she won't be missing me anyway.

Thursday, after work, I went over the Santa Fe Dam and put in 5 miles, 41:43. Since I have the 5K on Saturday I decided not to do any speed work this week. I will get back to that next week. I did do some short pick ups during mile 2. There are painted markings every 20 yards or so. I "sprinted" 20 yards and "jogged" 20 yards for the entire mile for a 7:52 mile. I don't know how productive or not this was but it just added in a new little element to an otherwise ordinary training run.

Next stop is the 5K and trying to keep up the Jesse. When I talked to him yesterday, he wasn't sure what to expect out of this first one. He hasn't gotten much running in the last couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: