Monday, March 20, 2006

LA Marathon Pictures, No Running

Image hosting by Photobucket

My intent yesterday, after the volunteering, was to run an easy 5 miles or so. I realized when I got home that I was just beat. I took the day off, deserved or not.

Today, Monday, is normally my day off, but all day I figured I would get the 5 miles in after work. Before I got going it started to rain. I decided to use that as an excuse to not run again. Instead I'm posting some pictures from yesterday's marathon. My son took the pictures of the eventual winners as they went by us just before Mile 24. Lidiya Grigoryeva (2:25:10) was well ahead of Benson Cherono (2:08:40) at that point. These times were course records and personal bests for both athletes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you and your son had a good time. Thanks for the pics.

Donald said...

Cool picture of the cups - it's got an Andy Warhol vibe to it.

onepinkfuzzy said...

sweet.