Sunday, March 15, 2009

FAI

I've mentioned the accounting class I'm taking. The text has special highlighted sections called FAI - Financial Analysis and Interpretation. Friday night we were learning about inventories. The prof thought this stuff was difficult. I actually found it to be pretty easy. Calculating Inventory Turnover and Number of Days in Inventory was pretty simple. I think since she thinks like an accountant it was difficult because it is pretty much just easy math, not accounting math.

I related about what a bad day Thursday was. I had contemplated cancelling my physical therapy appointment on Friday afternoon over the frustration with the hip. The doc and PT both were focused on the ITBS, not the hip. The ITBS was pretty severe and since that tendon runs from the hip to the knee is seemed reasonable to believe that improving the ITBS would improve the hip. The ITBS was not my primary concern. I know how to deal with it. The hip issue was my motivation for seeking medical treatment. The hip pain was what was keeping me from running earlier in the year. Time off had helped. When it flared back up the other day, I was obviously frustrated.

I did keep the appointment and made sure to explain my symptoms to the PT. He listened and even called over one of the other PT's. Based on the symptoms they both suspect FAI - femoral acetabular impingement. He worked on my hip a lot at that appointment. He wants to continue to address the hip at PT and to discuss it with my orthopedic doc as well. I have a follow up appointment with the orthopedist in a week and a half.

The ITBS is 95% better, so now hopefully we can figure out the hip thing, FAI or not, and the appropriate path to take.

7 comments:

Neese said...

ok now that's hilarious all the FAI's lately, when the PT's said FAI did you think you had a case of Financial Analysis and Interpretation? hehe

Danny said...

hope you're all right...

Pat said...

That reminds me of FIFO and LIFO. I think that's right. First in, first out and last in, first out. It's been a long time.

Let's hope the PT works.

Wes said...

My Dad is an accountant. I do not miss it :-) Progress continues to be made... Keep workin it!

Joe said...

Love the accounting stuff. I live that world and, yes, it is easy math yet seems to escape people. I dunno why, but it does.

And now you have inventory on your hip.

Good for you in pushing the PT to look at the other end of the ITB.

Now if you could just find some adhesive to "stick it all together"....

David said...

I tried your FAI hyperlink but it was down.
Sorry to hear of the pain. Sounds like you have a finger on it. Now push hard.
I'm gonna guess you've tried a lot of things ... but how about rolling your hip over a tennis ball?

Anne said...

Clever of you to combine totally unrelated acronyms in this post. And so glad the cloud may be lifting.