Friday, September 04, 2009

W14D5


The last run is in the books. I got up again this morning to do my final run before the marathon as plotted out by Bart Yasso. I ran 13 miles this week which I believe is the most I've ever run in the week of a marathon. I feel confident about running that mileage for a couple of reason. One, because so far everything else has gone smoothly following the Yasso plan. Hills, mile repeats, marathon pace runs and long runs pretty much went off just like he wrote them in the plan. Secondly, the Heart of America Marathon is on Monday, technically putting it into next week and giving me an extra day of rest between the last run and the race.

Joe assures me that there is little chance of lightning in the morning in the Midwest. In the mean time the forecast has taken a turn for the better, now calling for 30% chance of "few showers". Sounds good to me. I've packed by baseball cap just in case.

Digging around the Internet for photos of Easley Hill, the big one all the race write ups mention, I came upon the photo at the top of this post. It is the Old Easley Cemetery. I'm planning on running right past that particular attraction.

I'm off to St. Louis in the morning. I hope to be back with a race report on Tuesday. Until then, enjoy you're long weekend and the unofficial end of summer.

8 comments:

David said...

Good luck and have fun!

I can agree with you that the Yasso plan is a good one. I've never felt so prepped as I do for Hartford and it's still five weeks away.

Donald said...

Good luck, Darrell! Have a great race.

Pat said...

Good luck. Missouri is a beautiful state.

Joe said...

I'll pick you up at the hotel at St Louis airport Sunday...then off to the humid but ash-free air of Columbia, MO!!

T minus 2 days and counting!

Sarah said...

Have fun!

Backofpack said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Have fun with Joe and enjoy the experience.

Wes said...

Woot woot! Good luck!

Annette said...

Wow! Is it time already? ;) Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Enjoy!

By the way - my blog got deleted. Please update with my new location! Thanks. :)