Saturday, January 02, 2010

First Run of the New Year

I met up with the CA Cruisers this morning for our Two Parks/Two Loops route. There were 19 of us this morning. Even Jesse was there, I can't remember the last time I've gotten to run with Jesse. Actually I followed Jesse for about 3.5 miles and then I never saw him again. Terry joined us as well and we ran together along with Leslie for most of the way.

The route always includes the option of running the Summit House Loop as well which adds an extra four miles and a couple of hills to the 10 miles of 2P/2L. Apparently no one was in the mood for the extra mileage today. We usually veer off to Summit House less than an mile into the run before completing the circuit of Craig Park - Rolling Hills Drive - Tri City Park. Once we completed on loop of the parks, rather than continuing we did a 180 and did the second loop in reverse. Its odd how doing a familiar route in the opposite direction can give you a whole different perspective.

I was really hoping for more than the 10 miles so I peeled off near then end and added the Summit House Loop solo. The picture above is taken from the highest point along the route looking towards downtown Los Angeles. Although it doesn't show up very well in the photo it was clearly visible to the naked eye.

My 14 miles today was a much stronger start to the new year than last year's.

1 comment:

Joe said...

"On A Clear Day"... I almost start singing with such a beautiful photo! That Droid phone is really a good camera!! It must "ride" well for you on your runs.

Yeah, such an improvement over January a year ago!!!

Plus jealousy...I'm looking at 5F for my run Monday morning...sigh...