Sunday, March 12, 2006

Boys Republic

Sunday morning I ended up meeting up with Terry from work and her friend Carol for a run through Chino Hills. I was awakened at 7:00 by my wife. She woke up all panicked. She thought I had overslept. I wasn't meeting Terry until 8:30 and my alarm was set for 7:15. She rolled over and went back to sleep.

After the rain yesterday, today dawned bright and beautiful. The sky was bright blue with big puffy white clouds. Over in Chino Hills I got a really nice view of the San Gabriel Mountains. The rain down here had brought snow up there. The view was spectacular. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. I could have gotten some really nice pictures.

Our route through Chino Hills is quite familiar to Terry and Carol since they both live in Chino Hills. Carol left us around 4 miles because she had an appointment to keep. Terry and I continued on for another 2 miles. Part of our route took us through the grounds of Boys Republic. The actor, Steve McQueen, was once a resident of Boys Republic.

After I left Terry, I continued on for another 4 miles alone. I got back home about 10:30. By 1:00 p.m. the sky had clouded back over. As I'm typing this, it is pretty dark, chilly and gloomy out there. I just finished throwing together a pot of chili. With this weather it will be a perfect dinner. Oh, and don't forget the cornbread.

Weekly miles: 34

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Darrell,
Back in the day before I started all this crazy running, I spent alot of weekends mountain biking through Chino Hills State Park. Those are some great trails but HOT during the summer months eh!?
Good luck on the remaining 45 marys! That is a pretty ambitious goal- good on ya!

Legs and Wings said...

Hi Darrell, this makes for great reading! Every running blog I stumble upon provides a unique slice of life. So cool. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your great comment. Drop by again.

Rae said...

This weather is nuts! Our 70s are now back to 40s. Blah!!