Saturday, April 01, 2006

Running for Lasagna

Again!

On Wednesday I ran back over to my mother-in-laws for a lasagna dinner. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago the she makes a killer lasagna. What I didn't mention is that she makes a lot of lasagna at once. Whether she's cooking for 6 or 26 she makes the same amount of lasagna. Luckily this time she stuck the leftovers in the freezer. Tuesday night she pulled them back out, warmed them up and we got a yummy lasagna dinner again. It was even better the second time around. The run over also went better than a couple of weeks ago. I finished it 2 minutes. I think most of that gain can be accounted for by not having to slow at intersections to make sure I was making the right turns. She only lives a couple of miles away and yes, I do know how to get there. But I needed to make the run 6 miles last time so I added some loops through her neighborhood, which is hilly and by no means on a grid so I took extra care last time not to get lost. Maybe I was just more hungry this time, who knows.

I have been following the training program form marathontraining.com. This week was an easy week, only calling for two midweek runs of 4 miles each. I still ran 6 the first day. On Thursday, Celeste and I ran the 2nd 4 miler at the Santa Fe Dam Trail. The nice thing about the shorter run was that we finished before the sun set. Since I do most of my weekday running after work, I will be very happy after Daylight Savings Time kicks in tonight.

1 comment:

Rae said...

So which marathon are you training for right now?

Have a great week!