Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Drew on the Run


I've been writing about my running here at fivedown.blogspot.com for a little over four years now. When I first started this thing running blogs were just beginning to proliferate, thanks to the Running Blog Family. The RBF later morphed into the Complete Running Network.
One of the first blogs that I began reading way back then was "A Running Gag" by Drew. At the time he and a group of other bloggers were training for the New Las Vegas Marathon. The all even bought matching shirts to commemorate the occasion. I was also running that marathon, but was too shy to make my presence know.
I've always enjoyed reading Drew's blog for several reasons. He's a SoCal runner, he's a family guy with son's, he's about my age and I' enjoy his unique perspective on things. He's taken a few hiati (or hiatuses) from the running and blogging but I've continued to read whenever he posts.
Drew has most recently been training for the Santa Barbara International Marathon which will be held this Sunday, December 6. If you've got a minute, stop on over at "A Running Gag" and wish him well.
**The picture above is of a sticker that I saw stuck on a window at Mount San Antonio College a while back when I was taking some basic business classes. I snapped the photo with Drew in mind. I have no idea of the original intent behind the sticker, but it certainly fits well here.

2 comments:

DREW said...

Wow! I've got to get me one of those stickers!

Thanks for the post Darrell. My running mojo is running on empty the last couple of days and this certainly picked me up big time! Thanks. Don't the days training for the Las Vegas marathon seem like such a long time ago. Well, I guess 4 years is a long time!

Anne said...

Drew and I started blogging around the same time and I've been following him since too. Thanks for highlighting him because he's definitely worth the read.