Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Year End Recap

Today I ran my last run of 2005. I went over to the north end of the bike path at the Santa Fe Dam, miles 35 to 37.5. My time was 39:47, just shy of 8 minutes miles. Needless to say, I was smiling. Monday and Tuesday I ran my old familar 3 mile route and did each day faster than the last. These low mileage weeks may be helping out my running in other ways. I graphed my mileage by month.

Lowest mileage week: 4
Highest mileage week: 45
Average miles/week: 28
Total mileage for 2005: 1475, 150 miles more than last year!

Why am I totalling up 2005 when there are still 3 good running days left?

Later tonight I am boarding a plane bound for Kolkata (Calcutta), India. I'm going with a group from my church, Christ's Church of the Valley, in San Dimas. Our team of 20 will be serving at the Missionaries of Charity House. This is the house started by Mother Teresa. My father-in-law sent me this article on Christmas Day that explains the trip well.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/features/lifestyle/inthecommunity/scn-sa-calcutta1dec25,0,7964730.story?coll=inthecommunity-headlines
This is going to be a big adventure for me. This will be my first real trip beyond the my suburban existance here in the US. I have visited Canada and Mexico, but I'm not sure they count. We will be gone until January 14. This trip will give me a vacation from running that I never seem to let myself take. More importantly I'm sure will have a major impact on my life and world view. I have very little idea what to expect. I can't even image what India will be like, especially serving those most in need.

Happy New Year to all of you out there in the blogosphere. May your running dreams come true and may 2006 be a meaniful and productive year.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Happy New Year!! Best wishes on a wonderful trip. Enjoy the experience, it's definately a once in a lifetime experience!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hope you had a great trip. Looks like you had an awesome year for mileage in 2005.

Thanks for popping by my blog as well.