Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Was Ready, This Time

I woke up Saturday morning intent on running 13 miles with the CA Cruiser down at the Santa Ana River Trail. I checked outside and the sky was mostly clear. The sun was already peaking out. I'm so happy that the days are getting longer. I checked weather.com for the weather in Yorba Linda. The forecast called for scattered showers, 30-50% chance of rain. The sky looked good, but just to be safe I brought my trusty baseball cap along. When I got to the lot, it was an absolutely beautiful day, blue sky with scattered clouds. I debated leaving the hat in the car, but in the end decided to bring it along.

This turned out to be a good move. By mile 3, the clouds were moving in and getting darker. At mile 4 it started sprinkling and from mile 5 to 8 it was just flat out raining. I was very glad I had brought the cap. No water spots on the old specs. At mile 8 the sky cleared up again, the sun came out and it was back to beautiful weather for the last 5 miles. The run took about 2 hours. I didn't have a watch with me, since the band broke on Thursday night. I got it fixed this afternoon. In general I hate not having a watch, especially on runs. I'm so used to keeping track of splits and total time.

2 comments:

R.E.M. Borja said...

We got caught out in the rain for our 10 miler today too. It was cold when I woke up, but I thought it wouldn't rain until later in the day. I think I agree with one of our runners today, though, who said that she preferred running in the rain than in the heat. If I can only find a way to keep my glasses from fogging up I'll be good to go.

Rae said...

Great job! It's funny how weather can change so quickly in a run.

Have a great day!