Wednesday, July 08, 2009

W6D3

I woke up on my own at 6:30 this morning. I thought about getting my run done, the hill repeat run that I wasn't really looking forward to.

Instead I thought about my to do list and decided to get started on that instead. I almost always make time for my run in my day, but I've spent plenty of days off with undone to do lists. One of the items on the list was replacing the attic fan. I've put that off for a while now because by the time I think about it its 100 plus degrees in the attic. I made the trip to Home Depot, bought the fan and had it installed by 8:00, long before the day warmed up.

I followed that up with a couple of other smaller items on the list and then spent a couple of hours in the middle of the day trimming my never ending hedge. In the late afternoon I came inside and sat down to read the August Runner's World that came in the mail yesterday. Guess what, I fell asleep again. I hadn't even run yet.

Somehow dinner was ready before I was ready to run. I still had those hills to get done. I ate dinner around 6:30 and hoped it would be settled enough in an hour to go tackle the hills.

I changed my clothes and laced up the shoes. On the way out I checked the schedule one last time and found that the hill repeats were on Thursday not today. Hallelujah! I'd been mulling over the repeats all day. Today was an easy 4 miler. I was totally up for that.

Off to the Picnic Loop in Bonelli. I started running at 8:00 p.m. and by the time I was done it was dark. I did see something I don't see often, nor really want to, on the loop. There were 4 skunks along the way (1.0 SPM). Luckily they were far enough off the path that my passing didn't provoke them.

1 comment:

Wes said...

LOL... an unexpected treat (and not the skunks ;-)