Thursday, August 06, 2009

W10D4

Another midweek 10 miler, but this time I got it done. 2 miles warm up, 4 x 1 mile repeats with 1/2 mile jog between followed by 2.5 mile of cool down. I headed back over to the San Gabriel River Bike Path, this time to the north end. I was happy for the cooler temperatures. I got started in the low 80's and it cooled down from there. There was a nice breeze that keep me cool and dry.

I accomplished the mile repeats even a little faster than I did three weeks ago. I knocked them off in 7:53, 7:44, 7:54 and 7:56. The entire 10 miles took 1:29:49 - 8:59 pace overall. I'm pretty happy with that.

I came home to a Veggie Burrito from my favorite take out Mexican place.

6 comments:

FLYERS26 said...

Nice pace for the mile repeats!
Keep up the good work.

Anne said...

I'd run 10 miles for a veggie burrito too. Great midweek mileage, D!

Wes said...

That sub-9 pace is faster than my 10 miler at Chickamauga last year. Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Great mile repeats! The cool weather yesterday was very nice indeed.

Scott McMurtrey said...

Nice pace.

Mmmm, burrito...

Joe said...

Darrell, this is a good 10 miler. I'm in awe of your mile repeats. Well done, pal.

You'll feel even better when you read about MY attempt at mile repeats this morning :-)

I think you are setting up well for HOA.