Tuesday, June 30, 2009

W5D2

There was an easy 4 miler on the schedule today, but first I had a session with the trainer.

Sunday morning when I got there, Chris the trainer, wanted to work on legs. I wasn't up to that considering the mileage I'd run that week. I decided that today would be a good day for a leg work out. It had been 9 days since my last one, so I figured I was ready for another go at it.

I got to the gym and warmed up with a mile on the treadmill. When I got off the mill he asked what we were doing today. I suggested legs. He said "Nope, we're doing chest. We can do chest AND legs, but we're doing CHEST." Well OK then, who am I to argue. Actually I know I need to do the leg workouts but they are tough so breaking it up with some other body part was just fine with me.

I followed the workout with three more miles over in Via Verde next to the new concrete, to complete the days planned mileage.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Doing legs is TOUGH when you are also running! Sounds like your trainer is a smart person...

Jean said...

I suppose it is probably best to listen to the trainer! :)

Darrell, it sounds like your training is going well. Keep it up, and best wishes!