Monday, July 13, 2009

W7D1

Last weekend while Dr. John and I were celebrating our birthdays another stalwart member of the CA Cruisers was off running a marathon. John Creel (74) completed the Missoula Montana Marathon in a very respectable 4:34 for 2nd place in his age group. Missoula was his 10th state! 50 state fever runs strong in our little group.

As usual I started off the week with a rest day. I took advantage of the free time to go pick up my birthday present.

This is about an hour afterward and it is still wrapped in cellophane. It is on my left calf. I've toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for at least 10 years. I hesitated mostly because I couldn't commit to a design, a tattoo is pretty permanent after all. This is a custom design bringing together some of my favorite elements.

8 comments:

FLYERS26 said...

Nice ink!
I have toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo, but haven't come across the right situation yet...someday.

Danny said...

had to look up the verse. pretty cool!

Anne said...

Wow, very cool verse and image to have permenantly printed on your body. Definitely a neat way to celebrate your birthday.

Unknown said...

WOAH

you got inked! i'm surprised and impressed. next thing we'll see is you on an episode of la ink.

very cool, darrell.

hey, any chance we'll see you in aug at the summer trail series? i was looking for you on thursday.

Backofpack said...

Hah! I thought that was a picture of a vase till I read the post!

Donald said...

Whoa ... not exactly tiptoeing into the tat pool, huh?

I'm torn on this one - my natural dislike for tats is balanced by the eternally cool nature of the scripture. I'm glad you like it.

Sarah said...

Wow! : )

Joe said...

Whoa...you are cutting loose!! A very cool design! I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it, being so permanant and all.

I like it a lot... much symbolism there and very well exposed to all of us who you leave in the dust!

Run with perseverance the race set before you, Darrell.