Thursday, June 25, 2009

W4D4

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change
- Michael Jackson

I was never a die hard fan but back in the day I enjoyed a good MJ song or two. This one wasn't particularly a standout for me until I heard it while running the Las Vegas Marathon in 2005. It was playing over the loud speakers while we ran through the Fremont Street Experience early on that cold windy morning. It was a cool memory of the day. This video is a bit long, but I'm a sucker for anything with a gospel choir. Enjoy.



Today was 8 miles with Hills. The instructions were still to find a hilly route and not to treat it like an easy run. I strung together two of my favorite 4 mile routes in Bonelli. I tried by best to hammer the run, but I felt more like a tack hammer than a sledge hammer. I took a fair share of walk breaks but tried to keep them to 30 seconds before "tacking" away again.

I wore a new pair of Adrenaline ASR, the all terrain version of my favorite Adrenaline GTS. I wore these once back 6 months ago and wasn't too sure I like them. They have heavier tread and seemed bulkier all around although they do have a nice roomy toe box. They've been sitting in the closet ever since. Today I appreciated the new shoe bounce as I made my way over the hills.

No comments: